The Texas Longhorns have announced their roster for the Collegiate Rugby Championship. Every person on the roster is a CRC rookie, as the Longhorns did not compete in the inaugural event in Columbus. But the roster features six seniors, so they shouldn't look like deer in the headlights.
One of those seniors is Tod Mullen. An electrifying scrumhalf in the 15s game, Mullen was injured much of the 2010/2011 season for Texas, but did manage a five-try match in fall league play. If 100-percent, Mullen will be a difference maker for the 'Horns.
Texas is led by another senior, Stephen Mahoney, who has lined up all over the pitch this spring as the 'Horns captain. Mahoney is not a knock-your-socks-off athlete, but he is smart and knows how to ply the physical tools he possesses.
The Collegiate Rugby Championship, June 4-5 at PPL Park in Philadelphia, will be aired live on NBC both days. Irish punk band The Dropkick Murphy's will be performing a free post-match concert at PPL Park June 4. For more info, visit usasevenscrc.com.
• NBC Sports live coverage from 4:00-6:00 p.m. ET on June 4 and 5
• Versus live coverage from 2:00-4:00 p.m. ET on June 4 and 5
• Versus bonus coverage from 6:00-8:00 p.m. ET on June 4
• NBC Mobile live simulcast from 4:00-6:00 p.m. ET on June 4 and 5
• Hulu.com full event coverage available on-demand in HD quality video