Freshest Men's DII college rankings
Second-ranked Lindenwood has suffered its first-ever loss...to the Chicago Lions. Lindenwood fell 41-12 to the recently Super League club a week after pummeling the DII St. Louis Ramblers 81-0. Still, no college team has come close to Lindenwood, yet, so the varsity program remains firmly in second place and encroaching on Whitewater's top spot.
Utah Valley also suffered a lopsided loss, its second of the season to a college team, but it was to Utah. The Wolverines' only losses have come to BYU and the Utes, so they, too, don't slip.
Northern Colorado could argue UVU should have fallen at least one spot after UNC beat DI-A Wyoming and lost to DI-A Colorado State by one last month. The Bears wanted to stay in DI-AA this season, but didn't have much of a choice after the rest of their league receded back to DII. They would be really tough for any team in the country to beat. Unfortunately for UNC, though, either it or Lindenwood will not reach the DII Sweet 16. The Bears and Lions will meet in the West semifinals in April, and only the winner will advance to Nationals.
Sierra College and UNC Wilmington continue to win. For doing so, they both move up. And for hanging with a really good Sierra team, Santa Rosa JC hops up the list, too.
The newbies in the rankings are Texas Tech and Western Oregon. WOU is undefeated in Pacific Northwest play and looks destined for a Pacific Coast playoff berth. Tech is second in Texas to St. Edward's. The top two teams in the Lone Star State play a one-off March 24th to decide who will play No. 15 Central Missouri in the West semifinals. Tech lost to St. Ed's on a last-minute penalty earlier this year.
East Carolina moves up for not just beating Radford, but pounding them, which is why Radford slips.
1. (1) UW-Whitewater 10-0 Idle
2. (2) Lindenwood 8-0 Beat DII St. Louis Ramblers 81-0, lose to Chicago Lions 41-12
3. (3) Salisbury 9-0 Beat NBay 35-19
4. (4) Utah Valley 10-2 Lost 76-17 to Utah
5. (5) Northern Colorado 7-1-1 Won 31-24 over Wyoming, lost 37-36 to Colorado State
6. (6) Northern Illinois 8-1 Idle
7. (7) Sierra College 5-0 Won 14-8 over Santa Rosa JC, 62-0 over UC Santa Cruz
8. (8) UNC Wilmington 8-1 Won 48-10 over UNC Greensboro, 44-17 over Duke
9. (9) Towson 8-2 Idle
10. (20) Santa Rosa JC 7-1 Lost 14-8 to Sierra, won 66-5 over Cal Maritime
11. (10) Boston Univ. 7-1 Idle
12. (13) ECU 5-1-1 Won 43-18 over Radford
13. (11) UW-Milwaukee 8-2 Idle
14. (12) Rhode Island 6-2 Idle
15. (14) Central Missouri 5-0 Beat John Brown, Won 26-19 over Truman State
16. (15) Virginia Military Institute 5-2 Played Roanoke men's club
17. (17) Colgate 9-0 Idle
18. (18) Coast Guard 5-2 Idle
19. (19) Bentley 6-1 Lost scrimmage to Brown
20. (24) St. Edward’s 5-0-1 Won 24-8 over Stephen F. Austin
21. (Unr.) Texas Tech 4-1 Won 34-0 over Angelo State
22. (16) Radford 4-2 Lost 43-18 to ECU
23. (22) Ohio 5-2-1 Idle
24. (23) East Stroudsburg 7-0 Idle
25. (Unr.) Western Oregon 2-0 Won 45-5 over Boise State
21. (20) Cal Maritime 6-1 Lost 66-5 to Santa Rosa JC
25. (Unr.) Santa Barbara City College 2-0 Tied Cal State long Beach, lost 24-22 to UC San Diego