A new rugby game is coming down the pike this summer, Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition. The game is a sequel to Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge released in 2011 in conjunction with the 2011 Rugby World Cup.
The new game, set for a June 13 worldwide release for the PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 platforms is June 13. The new game comes with a myriad of upgrades and added features detailed below.
The game will be released as All Blacks Rugby Challenge 2 in New Zealand, Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge 2 in France and South Africa, and Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition in rest of world.
• Play in Single Match Mode, multi-team Competition Mode, a vastly expanded multi-year Career Mode, Tutorial Mode, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE®, or Steam
• Refined and expanded gameplay with the addition of quick taps, quick lineouts, mauls from lineouts, interceptions, contesting ball at the breakdown, removing players from the ruck, number 8 scrum pickups, and dynamic in game team strategies on both attack and defence
• 110+ teams and 50+ stadia from around the world featured including official team, competition, and special match licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia, Barbarians FC, Combined Country, Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, Pro D2, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
• More options to create or customise players, teams, and competitions, and change game rules and behaviour to shape the game to play how you want and keep the game fresh year after year
• Revamped sound and commentary systems, with real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Black turned commentator Justin Marshall, and French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard
More information and ongoing updates about the game can be found at the official website www.rugbychallengegame.com.