Central Washington has named its squad for the Collegiate Rugby Championship.
Due to injury, three changes have been made from the CWU team that won the Las Vegas CRC Qualifier in February. Junior Alex Reher (broken forearm), sophomore Andrew Nelson (ACL) and sophomore Paul Smith (hamstring) will all be watching from the stands in Philadelphia.
The Wildcats will be led by captain Aaron Lee and vice captain Ryan Snider, both members of the 2010 Men's Club 7s National Champion Old Puget Sound Beach of Seattle.
In Las Vegas, Central was in tries by Tim Stanfill (8) and prop Kellen Gordon (5). Both will be in action in Philly and looking to lead the Wildcats undefeated in the abbreviated game. Since making their first appearance at the Northwest Collegiate Rugby 7s Championships, the Wildcats have not lost a 7s match and have outscored their opponents 393-40.
Central is coached by Tony Pacheco and Bob Ford, who will be assisted by Evan Haigh and Waisale Serevi.
Central Washington roster:
The Collegiate Rugby Championship, June 4-5 at PPL Park in Philadelphia, will be aired live on NBC both days. Irish punk band The Dropkick Murphy's will be performing a free post-match concert at PPL Park June 4. For more info, visit usasevenscrc.com.
• NBC Sports live coverage from 4:00-6:00 p.m. ET on June 4 and 5
• Versus live coverage from 2:00-4:00 p.m. ET on June 4 and 5
• Versus bonus coverage from 6:00-8:00 p.m. ET on June 4
• NBC Mobile live simulcast from 4:00-6:00 p.m. ET on June 4 and 5
• Hulu.com full event coverage available on-demand in HD quality video