Xavier racked up its third loss of the season since our last list was published, but it came at the hands of a very good Westerville U19 side that beat Fairfield Prep, which is usually a solid side, 98-0 earlier that day.
We still think the defending national champs are a very good team, but so are Charlotte Catholic and St. Thomas Aquinas, who move ahead of them.
Aquinas has just one defeat on the season, to a very good U19 Kansas City Jr. Blues. The Saints are 2-1 against the Blues, beating them 25-10 Saturday, a week after the Blues pounded Denver East, one of Colorado's best.
Charlotte Catholic repeated as the North Carolina State Champion in that same time.
St. Thomas of Houston (pictured right) and Dallas Jesuit bolstered their rankings with first and second-place finishings at the Texas Championships, respectively. St. Thomas is unable to attend the West playoffs, however, and Westlake is taking their place. (This article originally incorrectly stated Jesuit could not attend the West.)
Three teams join the list for the first time. The highest ranked of them is St. Joseph's Prep out of Philadelphia. St. Joe's has blazed out to a perfect 6-0 record in the Eastern Penn Rugby Union the last few weeks, knocking off previously ranked Salesanium of Delaware along the way.
Joining them are Kenmore West of the New York State league and La Salette, who replaces Penn after beating them.
1. (1) Gonzaga. (D.C.)
2. (2) Sacramento Jesuit. (Calif.) Won 59-8 over Granite Bay
3. (4) Charlotte Catholic. (N.C.) Finished first in North Carolina
4. (5) St. Thomas Aquinas. (Kan.) Beat KC Jr. Blues 25-10
5. (3) Xavier. (N.Y.) Lost 37-22 to Westerville, Won big over Greenwich
6. (6) Shaw. (La.)
7. (7) New Orleans Jesuit. (La.)
8. (8) Fallbrook. (Calif.)
9. (9) St. Thomas. (Hou.) Texas State Champs. Won 7-6 over Dallas Jesuit, 56-7 over Strake
10. (10) Dallas Jesuit. 2nd in Texas. Lost 7-6 to St. Thomas, won 37-19 over Westlake
11. (11) McQuaid. (N.Y.) Beat School Without Walls 40-0
12. (12) Brownsburg. (Ind.) Beat Penn
13. (13) Jupiter. (Fla.)
14. (15) Snow Canyon. (Utah) Beat Skyline 31-17
15. (16) St. Ignatius. (Ohio)
16. (20) Providence. (N.C.) Finished second in North Carolina
17. (UR) St. Joseph's Prep. (Philadelphia) Beat Father Judge, St. Augustine's and Salesanium
18. (14) Westlake. (Texas) Third in Texas. Lost 37-19 to Dallas Jesuit, won 41-7 over Strake
19. (UR) Kenmore West. (NY) Beat Orchard Park 57-17
20. (UR) LaSalette. (Ind.) Beat Carmel 41-14 and beat Penn
(17) Penn. (Ind.) Lost to Cathedral and LaSalette
(18) Salesanium. (Del.)
(19) Greenwich. (Conn.) Lost big to Xavier